Keep in mind these top 9 things to see and do in the Nambucca next time you stay at Nambucca River Tourist Park. Tick off those you’ve done and check out those you’ve still to do.
1. Mosaic trail – find the stunning mosaics throughout the Valley from Nambucca Heads to Scotts Head and Way Way Forest. Visit the Pines picnic area and then the Yarrahapinni Lookout and discover more of the stunning natural beauty of the Valley.
2. Discover our local produce. Take a wetlands canoe tour and discover a truly magical place where nature comes alive. Or take a bushtucker tour and enjoy the natural delights of local produce from a working farm. Sample locally produced lemon myrtle products. Visit our shop to take some of these renown products home with you.
3. Make it a golfing trip and challenge yourself at the Island Golf Club with its picturesque island course; Macksville Country Club in Macksville; Bowraville Golf Club, Bowraville or plan a day trip and visit Bonville International Golf Course.
4. Dine at one of our many restaurants such as the Jaaning Tree with chef Clayton Donovan, Australia’s only indigenous ‘hatted’ chef. Beautiful riverside location that specialises in local, native produce. Or enjoy the ambience of old world charm with a modern twist at the Star Hotel on the banks of the Nambucca River in Macksville. Cleverly refurbished with a mix of tradition and the modern, you will feel very welcome.
5. Visit the surrounding towns of Bowraville and Taylors Arm on one of the Scenic Drives within the Valley. Or take in the World Rally track at a slower pace. See the Scenic Drives brochure in Reception.
6. Learn to water ski or go wake boarding. Get your adrenalin pumping – great for beginners to advanced, groups or individuals.
7. Take the family kayaking or maybe on a more leisurely river cruise down Warrell Creek or in the inner harbour.
8. Learn to surf with one of the surf schools in the Valley.
9. Get creative and leave your mark at the V-Wall. Nambucca’s legendary landmark at the river mouth at the end of the boardwalk.
Our Winter Warmer offer is available from May 1 to September 18 2013 inclusive. Stay on any read more >>
We travelled to Sydney as a finalist in the NSW Tourism Awards for Business Excellence with little expectation. read more >>